Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Mamata predicts strong show by regional parties in Lok Sabha poll




Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said regional parties will do well in the next Lok Sabha election, but evaded a question on whether TMC will lead any non-Congress and non-BJP alliance at the Centre.
“I feel that regional parties would do well in the next Lok Sabha election. I will be happy if they (regional parties) come together,” Ms. Banerjee told reporters here.
Asked if she is ready to lead any non-Congress or non-BJP alliance at the national level after the next Lok Sabha election, she replied, “I don’t want any chair. I am ready to be there as a worker. If anybody comes forward, I don’t mind. I am not for power and I fight in the interest of the people. We had left UPA-2 government in the interest of the people. Even the Prime Minister has said there are no permanent enemies in politics.”
Ms. Banerjee criticised the Congress-led UPA government for hiking prices of coal, fertilisers and other commodities, which affected the people, and cited the drubbing the Congress has received in the current round of by-elections.

0 comments:

Post a Comment